Ruane Maritime is in the business of marine education, training and safety towards raising standards in seafaring. Their Training Centre and Marine Radio Courses are approved by the RYA and Dept. of Transport, Tourism & Sport respectively.
Educating and Training for Safer Seafaring is at the heart of everything they do. All their courses are delivered with your safety in mind. Visit Ruane Maritime at Stand No 134 and talk to us about improving your safety at sea.
- Navigation: Know how to interpret paper charts and electronic navigation aids.
- RADAR: Learn how to navigate safely in restricted visibility conditions and avoid collisions using your RADAR equipment.
- Diesel Engine: Know your marine, engine and be competent and confident to troubleshoot if it breaks down at sea.
- Celestial Navigation: When the electronics fail – look to the stars! Learn how to navigate by the sun, stars and planets.
- Marlinspike Seamanship: Teaching and preserving the skills of traditional sailing ships; knots, bends & hitches, splicing, rigging and learning the old sailing terminology.
A small investment in training today could save your life tomorrow!
Caption: Mike Ruane delivering bespoke marine diesel engine course on board the AK Ilen
Photo credit: Gary MacMahon