A new improved version of the Mullion Compact Supreme to the 275N Standard complete with Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) was launched at Irish Skipper Expo 2022 in March of this year.
After the successful introduction to Safety at Sea of the COMPACT SUPREME 150N PLB, further innovation and development was undertaken by Mullion Survival Technology, Gweedore County Donegal.
Marine Safety Specialist Tony Brown of Sioen Ireland, the parent company to Mullion, said: “I was approached by many fishermen in Ireland and further afield to come up with a 275N lifejacket with the same safety features and comfortable wearability. We have developed, tested and certified the new 275N single chamber lifejacket to EN ISO 12402-2:2006+A1 2010 Inflatable lifejackets performance.”
KEY FEATURES OF THE NEW COMPAC 275N PFD.
- Is certified for the use with an Automatic Identification System (AIS) and/or a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) which can be fitted as requested.
- It provides improved wearer comfort, has a heavy-duty wipe clean cover for use in heavy commercial fishing, crabbers, lobster fishermen and also suitable for many other marine industrial workers.
- It has a high abrasion resistance Tektor™ fabric on the lower sides to prevent damage through wear and tear.
- The added collar padding to the back of the neck ensures wearer comfort avoiding irritation to the neck.
- The Mesh design of the back panel improves weight dispersal and reduces pressure on the back of the neck. It provides better stability when inflated in water.
- Zip cover fastenings on the back of the neck with burst point at the centre.
- Marine grade stainless steel interlock belt buckle and D-ring; approved as deck safety harness for attachment to safety line.
- Detachable crutch strap.
- Inflation system operational readiness indicator windows on the back.
- Service date record card information window on the back.
- Marine grade whistle fitted to bladder.
There is a 40% grant available through the BIM Fleet Safety Scheme please contact BIM for further details.
Contact: Tony Brown, Mullion Survival Technology firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel +353 87 9953192