The Lars Thrane LT-4100 is a great product for fishing vessels that need satellite communications but do not need the fast speeds or costs of a VSAT; with speeds as fast as 22 kbps (up) / 88 kbps (down).
The LT-4100 system has voice and data capabilities with 100% global coverage provided by the Iridium® network. The LT-4100 system consists of a control unit, antenna unit, handset, and cradle. A single coaxial cable connects the control unit with the antenna unit.
The LT-4100 will be on show at the CA Clase stand 190 at Scottish Skipper Expo.
Lars Thrane have tested the following applications and they work perfectly on the LT-4100 Certus 100 system.
- WhatsApp text messaging
- Catch reports
- Softvideo (video/picture compression tool)
- SnakeBox from SnakeWays
Other Key Features are:
- 2 x Voice Channels (high quality)
- Single antenna cable from BDU to Antenna (up to 500 m)
- High-performance GNSS/GPS receiver
- Bluetooth for Private Area Network (PAN)
- Large 4.3” TFT display supporting day and night modes ex
- Firewall and user authentication for high level of security
- Configuration of firewall, port forwarding, and remote access
- Web server for configuration and maintenance