Ireland’s marine footprint extends to more than ten times its land mass and the marine sector plays a central role in Ireland’s economic and social development. An opportunity now exists for a talented individual to play the lead role in designing and driving Ireland’s approach to Maritime policy, as the responsible individual at Management Board level at the Department of Transport.
The mission of the Department of Transport is to deliver an accessible, efficient, safe and sustainable Transport system that supports communities, households and businesses.
Reporting to the Secretary General, the Head of Maritime Policy will lead the Maritime Policy Division which plays a crucial role in facilitating economic growth and prosperity as well as maintaining connectivity with Ireland’s trading partners. The mission is to enable a safe, sustainable maritime sector that meets its international obligations and domestic needs and protects Ireland’s economic interest as an island nation. The individual will work closely with a dedicated team and diverse stakeholders across the Department and the maritime sector to deliver on the range of priority objectives, including connectivity, safety, sustainability and climate goals.
The successful candidate will:
- have a proven record of achievement at senior level that demonstrates the necessary vision, leadership and management skills;
- have a strong track record in senior management and governance roles with a proven high level of organisational skills;
- demonstrate the capacity to contribute strategically to the overall leadership and future development of the Department;
- have a proven ability to deliver change initiatives including people management and performance improvement;
- have expertise in driving and maintaining highest standards of governance compliance.
Further information on this significant senior leadership opportunity, including details on how to apply, is available on www.publicjobs.ie
This is a Top Level Appointments Committee (TLAC) position.
If you feel you would benefit from a confidential discussion about this role, contact Michelle Noone on email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 15:00 on Thursday 23 February, 2023.
For More information and how to apply, visit: https://bit.ly/SM_Ad_
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.