Posted by: RNLI
Regional Lifesaving Lead
£47,338 – £55,692 / €61,401 – €72,237 + excellent benefits
Home-based within the Irish Region
About the Role
With a focus on our lifesaving activities, you will lead the team of Area Lifesaving Managers and Regional Lifeguard Lead in the Irish region, across the island of Ireland, and be responsible for the delivery and assurance of Lifeboat & Lifeguard Services across 46 lifeboat stations, a support centre and 12 lifeguarded beaches in the region.
We are looking for someone who has the compassion, drive and leadership skills required to build and implement the new regional ways of working as part of the wider leadership team in the Irish region. You will actively collaborate with the other regional leads bringing the operational voice to regional activity. You will need to regularly collaborate with your peers across the RNLI’s six regions to develop standard work whilst ensuring compliance to central governance and guidance. Adept at identifying new and building on existing relationships to influence external partners and stakeholders.
This is an incredible opportunity to lead, support, influence and manage a team of highly motivated people, all working together for the common goal of saving lives and preventing drowning. Your team will comprise of Area Lifesaving Managers, Regional Lifeguard Lead and dedicated lifesavers across our RNLI communities, you will need to work creatively to identify new opportunities for the RNLI to ensure that our future lifesaving service is diverse and sustainable. With customer service embedded in your thinking you will support the current lifesaving activity of the charity’s lifeboat crews and lifeguards and consider new ways of saving lives.
We are looking for a leader who will:
- Embed an inclusive culture where people are recognised and rewarded for their contribution.
- Keep the welfare and wellbeing of our people at the forefront to ensure our sustainability.
- Inspire, lead, support, coach and develop the people that enable the effective delivery of RNLI lifesaving.
- Utilise their operational experience, ideally from a maritime/operational background, to further shape the way we support our teams and deliver our lifesaving services.
- Act as the lifesaving subject matter expert for the region ensuring we deliver consistent organisational standards and effective risk management.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders in the region to support the effective delivery of the whole service, whilst creating positive lasting relationships.
Ideal candidates will live within the region and be home based. Regular travel across the region is required with occasional travel to other operating areas, including Poole.
For more information and to apply, please visit the RNLI recruitment page or click here.
Closing date: 4 September 2022.
Interview date: w/c 26 September 2022.